Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snow time

Sledding! 




 
 "Let's do it again!"

Then...

And you get...



Inside..


 Woo hoo!


That's the fairy tale version. In reality there was an absurd amount of "I want to go home now!" and "Get me out of here" and "I don't want to wear my shoes!" (For that one I just let him go ahead and take off his boots and socks and take a few steps in the snow - much more quickly resolved than trying to explain to him that he wasn't going to enjoy the sensation.) 

I must admit, the three-and-one-half year old experience is putting some long-favored conceptions to the test. (Like, would it really be so bad if I just went somewhere else for a few years until this whole growing-self-awareness thing resolved itself?)

Here's Dyadya Zhenya with the "I can't believe you're complaining about something again" look on his face: 


No comments:

Post a Comment